Respiratory and Sleep Centre
Integrated Sleep services for Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and the Hunter Region
Do you suffer from a chronic respiratory condition? Is breathing a constant struggle for you? Is your life a daily battle with symptoms? Are your medications becoming less effective or are you sick of being reliant on them. Are the ongoing costs of medication adding up? If so, you are not alone. Chronic Respiratory conditions are suffered by millions of Australians and the incidence of diseases such as asthma continue to rise.
Consequently, ATUNE has developed a unique clinic that is specifically designed to assess and treat chronic respiratory conditions to produce the best possible health outcomes.
- hay fever
- respiratory infections
- chronic blocked nose
- COPD including emphysema
- behavioural or learning difficulties
- restless leg syndrome
- elevated heart rate
- anxiety and panic attacks
- excessive sweating
- gastric reflux
- dry mouth
- sleep disordered breathing
- improved fitness
- and more
We provide a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment system to identify and target any factors contributing to your condition:
1. All clients undergo a comprehensive diagnostic assessment that identifies key factors and habitual behaviours contributing to their condition.
2. Once identified the key factors can be addressed by the appropriate health care provider(s) as per your personal requirements. In addition to genetic and environmental factors we find that the following problems are often present and require specific attention to be able to significantly reduce or even eliminate symptoms of respiratory conditions :
- Chronic Hyper-ventilation Syndrome (often characterised by mouth, upper chest and fast breathing, day time breath holding and other respiratory disruptions)
- Oral/facial abnormalities eg. narrow upper arch and deficient mid face
- Excessive weight
- Dietary factors
- Anxiety and stress
- Drug and alcohol dependency
- Levels of daily physical activity
- Excessive use of screen technologies (eg. mobile phones)
- Excellence in professional service
- Integrated care
- Individualised care
- Comprehensive integrated diagnostic assessment
- Comprehensive lifestyle integrated treatment plan
- Ongoing care and support to maintain your change.
- Clinic GP: co-ordinates, assessment and treatment of all clients including provision of referrals, data analysis, development of treatment plans and reporting to externally referring practitioners.
- Dental services: focusing on oral and facial myo-function increasing airway efficiency, as well as early intervention orthodontics and general dentistry.
- Breathing Therapist; providing breathing diagnosis and correction of chronic breathing disorders using techniques from the Buteyko Breathing Method, computerised bio-feedback and breathing retraining technology.
- Osteopathy/Physiotherapy: for assessment and treatment of acute/chronic pain, promotion of functional posture, TMJ mobilization, diaphragmatic release and postural retraining.
- Dietetics: assessment and management. Weight loss and healthy diet has been proven to reduce some respiratory symptoms.
- Naturopathy: lifestyle modification as well as nutritional or herbal medicine support.
- Health/lifestyle educators: provide practical advice on how to promote consistent healthy respiratory and other health habits.
Our GP will determine when additional diagnostic or treatment services are required such as pathology, imaging and ENT specialists which are part of the integrated care we aim to provide for each client.
We keenly welcome medical or allied health referrals but getting our help is as simple as picking up the phone. Call 49544511 to book your initial assessment.
We encourage you take make an informed decision before undergoing any treatment.
That is why we have developed our comprehensive assessment system. The only decision you need to make is to have an initial assessment.
Following this assessment we will inform you of the most appropriate diagnostic/treatment plan for you if a disorder is confirmed.
- 1. On arrival for your appointment you will be greeted by our friendly reception staff who will provide you with a simple screening form.
- Once filled out our Breathing Therapist will conduct a comprehensive breathing and lifestyle assessment.
- Your assessment results will then be placed on our GP desk.
- GP will assess your initial diagnostic results and examine your condition further.
- The treatment pathway that is most beneficial for your condition will then be devised.
Initial assessment - $80
Appointment with GP - $60 (less Medicare rebate)
We hope to see you soon.