Alexander Cameron - ATUNE Health Centres - Psychologist
- Bachelor of Psychology (BPsych) from University of Newcastle
- Registered Psychologist with over eight years of psychotherapy experience
- Medicare, WorkCover, and DVA approved
- Expertise in the Cognitive-Behavioural treatment of anxiety, mood, trauma, and personality disorders for adult and adolescent individuals
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT) approved Therapist / Supervisor / Trainer
- Board-Approved Supervisor for 4+2 and 5+1 provisional/intern psychologists
- Associate Fellow of The Albert Ellis Institute in New York City
- Member of the Australian Association for Psychologists Inc (AAPi)
Alex is interested in working with people who want to feel healthier, happier, and live more productive, less stressful lives. He thinks it is important for people to understand and know how to manage common self-defeating emotional problems like anxiety, depression, guilt, shame, and anger.
He promotes adopting the underpinning philosophical viewpoint of CBT with his clients, supervisees and trainees; that “People are not disturbed by events, but by the view of which they take of them”.
Alex encourages people to take different perspectives on their personal adversities, giving them support to develop healthier ways of coping to overcome their obstacles and to start taking control of the problems in their lives - rather than the other way around. He reminds people that “It is not what you bear, but how you bear it”.