Alexander Cameron - ATUNE Health Centres - Psychologist
- Bachelor of Psychology (BPsych) - University of Newcastle
- Registered Psychologist - AHPRA
- Rational-Emotive & Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy (RE&CBT) accredited therapist and supervisor
- Associate Fellow of The Albert Ellis Institute (AFAEI) - New York City
- Expertise in the Cognitive-Behavioural treatment of anxiety, mood, and personality disorders
- AHPRA Board-Approved Supervisor (BAS) for 4+2 and 5+1 provisional/intern psychologists
Alex has been working as a psychologist for seven years in various settings. In private practice, he sees adolescent and adult individuals from all walks of life. He has been extensively trained in various forms of cognitive behaviour therapies (CBT). Most notably, he is an Associate Fellow of The Albert Ellis Institute in New York City and has been approved by the Institute as a suitably qualified Rational-Emotive and Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy (RE&CBT) therapist and supervisor.
Alex is interested in seeing people who want to feel healthier, happier, and live more productive, less stressful lives. He promotes the practice of CBT with his clients and supervisees, with its theoretical underpinnings being rooted in Stoic philosophy, which is essentially based on the premise that:
“People are not disturbed by things, but by the view of which they take of them”.
And so he believes in encouraging you to take different perspectives on your personal adversities, giving you the support to develop healthier ways of coping to overcome your obstacles and to start taking control of the problems in your life - rather than letting them control you!
Alex has particular expertise in the cognitive behavioural treatment of various anxiety, mood, and personality disorders. He is passionate about helping people to overcome common self-defeating emotional problems like anxiety, depression, guilt, shame, and particularly - anger.
Alex spends his time outside of the office being active, reading, cooking, and importantly, spending quality time with family and friends.