Newcastle, Lake Macquarie & Hunter Breathing Therapists
Breathing Therapy is an effective drug-free therapy for the treatment of a range of respiratory and related health conditions. ATUNE Health Centres provide breathing therapy services throughout Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and the Hunter.
Breathing therapy can treat the following conditions: asthma, COPD, emphysema, snoring, sleep apnea, breathlessness, hay fever and other allergies, fatigue, blocked nose, anxiety and panic attacks.
- Are you sick of Asthma or another lung condition?
- Can't get a good nights sleep because of insomnia, snoring or sleep apnoea?
- Sick of Hay Fever, Sinusitis, Tonsillitis or other Chronic Respiratory Infections?
- Are you able to seal your lips and breathe with your nose constantly?
- Or are you just sick and tired of being sick and tired?
To find out if ATUNE Breathing Therapy Newcastle would benefit you, book now for your breathing and health assessment.
Many people know that they have problems breathing but are unaware that there is often an underlying breathing disorder. They are also unaware that the breathing disorder can be corrected.
Breathing dysfunction or disorders are extremely common in the community but a diagnosis of breathing problems rarely occurs.
Breathing Therapy should not be considered ‘alternative’ but rather should be viewed as a logical course of action to address breathing and/or postural related health conditions like asthma, snoring, sleep apnea, tonsillitis and so on.
All potential clients are first thoroughly assessed using the very latest in biofeedback breathing analysis technology and postural assessment.
Where a breathing/postural and/or orofacial muscular disorder is detected, a simple step-by-step program will be offered to address these health issues. When no disorder is present, clients will be so informed.
People who experience breathing disorders usually display one or more of the following behaviours:
- An elevated respiratory rate (too many breaths per minute).
- Chronic or intermittent mouth breathing.
- Chronic upper chest breathing (no use or poor use of the diaphragm). Postural dysfunction usually accompanies this behaviour.
An adjustment to breathing style at ATUNE involves the application of techniques from Breathing Therapy and computer-based technology that is aimed to bring permanent change to breathing dysfunction. Where necessary, postural retraining is also provided to clients together with a referral to any other appropriate health care providers (such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, dentistry and so on).
People who suffer from the following:
- Asthma or other chronic lung condition
- Snoring, sleep apnoea, insomnia
- Are prone to respiratory infections (such as tonsillitis)
- Are prone to respiratory allergies (such as hay fever)
- Fatigue, breathlessness
- Difficulty breathing when exercising
- Chronic blocked nose
- Anxiety/panic attacks
- Dry mouth
- Orofacial muscle imbalance eg. short top lip preventing constant lip seal, loss of orofacial muscle tone due to stroke
- Pre-orthodontic or orthodontic conditions. Eg. crowded teeth
- Those with tongue ties
- Sufferers of chronic pain (includes fibromyalgia)
- Those with Parkinson’s disease
The initial breathing assessment using biofeedback technology is $80. If breathing or postural dysfunction is detected, therapy costs vary dependent upon client needs and the chosen payment option. Client payments options are explained in full following initial assessment.
Payment plans, pensioner and retiree rates, two siblings for the cost of one fee, family and group rates are available to keep fees minimal.
Private Health Insurance Coverage:
The following companies cover Breathing Therapy:
• NSW Teachers Health
• Commonwealth Bank Health Service
If you are insured elsewhere and undergo therapy we recommend that upon completion of therapy you send a letter to your provider detailing before and after results along with the Registration Number of our Therapist. Sometimes, a rebate is then paid.