Newcastle, Lake Macquarie & Hunter Physiotherapists
Physiotherapy provides effective treatment to a wide range of sporting injuries, neck and lower back pain, arthritis, headaches, work related injuries and post surgical rehabilitation.
ATUNE Health Centres' dedicated physiotherapists provide a range of physiotherapy services throughout Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and the Hunter region.
ATUNE Physiotherapy Newcastle offers speciality services that include tailored exercise programs, manual therapy, hydrotherapy and a full synthetic and traditional casting service. Irrespective of your age or activity levels physiotherapy can help optimise performance, improve function and meet your rehabilitative potential.
Physiotherapy is the science of restoring optimal movement and function to the body. The discipline of physiotherapy is based on the western medical model and utilises current evidence-based practice to maximise the rehabilitative outcomes for individual patients.
Physiotherapists are university trained primary practitioners who are skilled in the assessment and treatment of a wide variety of neuromusculoskeletal conditions. Treatments are tailored to the specific patient presentation and typically involve a combination of manual therapy techniques such as mobilisation, manipulation and massage. An injury specific exercise program is often utilised in the treatment and prevention of various conditions. Exercise parameters include core stabilisation, motor control retraining, stretching and strengthening. Physiotherapy plays an important role in the development of injury prevention and screening programs in the sporting, elderly and workplace populations.
All general musculoskeletal injuries including:
- Sporting injuries
- Work related injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Degenerative conditions such as arthritis
- Rheumatological conditions
- Overuse injuries
- Postsurgical rehabilitation
- Low back and neck pain
- Childhood and adolescent specific injuries
- Sports Screening
- Provision of all forms of plaster and synthetic casting (Waterproof and Traditional)
- Core Stability retraining
- Ergonomic Workplace Assessments
- Postsurgical Rehabilitation
- Benign Positional Vertigo retraining
- Work related activity programs (WRAP)
- Individual Exercise prescription
- Pregnancy and Post Natal Care
- Women's Health
On your first visit the physiotherapist will:
- Conduct a detailed subjective and objective history of your condition investigating contributive features such as muscle imbalance, joint dysfunction and altered biomechanics.
- Provide a diagnosis of your disorder and determine whether there is a need for referral to any other health care practitioners.
- Provide a treatment plan relative to your individual pathology and rehabilitative needs.
- Depending on your condition the physiotherapist may refer you directly for MRI, X-ray or ultrasound investigation. This may help confirm your diagnosis in certain conditions.
- Depending on the area of your body requiring treatment, your physiotherapist may ask you to undress to your underwear. It’s important to feel comfortable, so you may want to wear loose pants or bring a pair of shorts to change into. Gowns and shorts are available at the practice if required.
The ATUNE physiotherapist adopts a combined approach of “hands-on” manual therapy and customised exercise prescription. Management is outcome/evidenced based and utilises the most up to date clinical research. Some of the techniques employed may include:
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Muscle energy techniques
- Core stability retraining
- Strength and aerobic conditioning
- Postsurgical rehabilitation
- Postural correction programs
No you do not require a referral to see a Physiotherapist. Simply, contact us directly to make an appointment.
- Initial Consultation $95.00
- Follow-Up Consultation $85.00
Yes. There are 4 ways which enable you to claim your treatment:
- Enhanced Primary Care Plans (EPC) - Under the Medicare Plus Scheme clients with chronic conditions may be referred by their GP to physiotherapy for treatment
- Veterans Affairs clients are welcome at ATUNE.
- Workers Compensation and Transport Accident Schemes are available to clients at ATUNE with all treatment costs covered.
- Private health funds with “ancillary” or “extras” cover can claim partial rebates depending on their insurance cover.
For your convenience ATUNE provides electronic facilities enabling you to claim your HICAPS and Medicare rebates at the time of your consultation.